Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Night









I got this idea from the Family Fun magazine. Our family voted for what we will eat for dinner on Election night. Each child chose a main dish, veggie, fruit, dessert, side, and drink. Their "candidate" was placed on the ballot. We had a debate to tell why the others should vote for their particular dinner. For instance, one debate was about choosing jello for fruit. It was argued that jello isn't a fruit and unhealthy for you. The other side debated that while it's not technically a fruit, you can add fruit to the jello and it's really yummy. We had closing statements and then each person secretly voted. When pizza lost to cream cheese chicken, two children were disappointed. We learned that while our favorite candidate may win or lose, it's always important to vote anyway. Plus, we can eat pizza the next night!! We had a fun time with our election night and we'll get to eat what everyone voted for tomorow night on the real elections.

6 comments:

Sims Family said...

Such a cute idea, though I had to laugh that you did those all by hand! We live in 2008 and have computers, you know? jk

Marrianne said...

I love this idea! You are amazing.

Sarah Pearl said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Jodi said...

That is such a fun idea! I am very impressed that the cream cheese chicken beat out pizza- impressive!

Emilee said...

That is such a cute idea. You and Cassie are too funny. I guess I can be a little corny at times too. Love being a former Roberts member.

Esther Ogden said...

Holy smokes...and Tiffany once again steals the title for WORLDS BEST MOM!!! Someday, Tiff, I just might be half as great as you!

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog